Jaisalmer | Image Resource : rajasthan.gov.in
Recently, I had to visit Jaisalmer for some business meeting and my better half insisted on coming along since it is a beautiful place. I was also keen, since we had not visited this place before. So, it was like a blessing in disguise. I have always liked train journeys as they bring back memories of childhood. We spent a relaxed, quality time with each other and remembered good old days.
According to the train timetable the Howrah Junction Jaisalmer Express 12371 departs from Howrah at 8:15 AM on Monday and reaches Gurgaon railway station at around 11:30 am. We boarded the train on time and reached Jaisalmer at 11:50 PM on Tuesday. The things that I liked about the Howrah-Jaisalmer Express were:
- Both non-veg and vegetarian food options were available.
- We opted for the non-vegetarian meal and were satisfied with the quality of the food served.
- The AC-2 tier were very well maintained.
- I especially want to mention the courteous staff.
Hotel Rang Mahal, Jaisalmer
After reaching Jaisalmer Junction, we reached Hotel Rang Mahal by cab. On the way to the hotel, we saw the magnificent Jaisalmer Fort though view was unclear due to night. The ride to the Hotel Rang Mahal, Jaisalmer from the railway station was very short. It is located at just 3.5 kms from the railway station. We checked in the hotel and took rest because of the long tiring journey. Once we were up in the morning, we decided to go out and see the magnificent architecture of the hotel.
This hotel is primarily designed to provided a medieval experience to all the guests; the entire hotel looks like a fort. Starting from the yellow colored stones used to decorate the exterior portion to the finely designed carvings made out of stone, each component of the hotel has the exotic style of Jaisalmer written all over it.
Since I had to attend the advertising campaign meeting, which was in the hotel’s conference hall itself, I had the breakfast by 9 am . The breakfast menu was elaborate and had some traditional Jaisalmer’s dishes in it. The preparation was excellent.
Hotel In Jaisalmer
Worth mentioning are the four restaurants at Hotel Rang Mahal:
- HAVELI: A restaurant that reflects the culture of Rajasthan, it serves various cuisines.
- RAJ-MAHAL: A multi-cuisine Restaurant with buffet setup.
- POOL BAR: A place to relax with a drink or coffee.
- FRESCO – CAFÉ: Here you can enjoy cakes, pastries & more prepared by expert chefs
Other things about the hotel that impressed me were:
- The front office staff is very polite and helpful.
- The rooms are very spacious with luxurious interiors
- Apart from all basic amenities, they also provide electronic safes and 24-hour in-room dining, etc.
- The pool is very beautiful. Guests can laze around the poolside or take a dip.
- Spa, gymnasium and conference hall is also there.
- Extravagant International, Indian and Rajasthani Cuisine
- They offer the variety of Spa options.
- The even arrange for camel safari.
Overall, I would definitely recommend the Hotel Raj Mahal to my friends if they are looking for a luxurious Hotel In Jaisalmer that offer a royal treat and traditional hospitality!